ilovejeans may earn a commission from the companies mentioned in this post, however I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers
Love, love, love…..
Dungarees or ‘overalls’ if you’re living stateside.
Autumn is the perfect time to get a pair of overalls as they are so versatile and will last you through to Spring! I’m going to show you don’t have to break the bank to get a good fit for your body shape. Read my tips on what to look for when buying a pair.
What to Wear With Your Overalls:
The beauty of overalls are just that, it fit’s ‘OVER -ALL’ tops, so you can pretty much wear anything underneath as it’s a seasonless piece of denim. Here are some suggestions below, all taken from Pinterest.
Things to consider when you’re buying overalls.
- Do you want your overalls to be like skinny jeans, a close fit? If so then check the fabric composition as the stretch is an important factor in feeling comfortable.
- What will you be wearing underneath your overalls? This will determine if you go up a size if you’re planning to wear sweaters underneath.
- If you’re a boyfriend jean type of gal then look for a slouchy relaxed anti fit style.
- Top heavy? Make sure the bib (the front) is in proportion to your boobs or it will give the illusion that they are très grand!
- Make sure the straps are adjustable as this is important if you are either petite or tall.
- Always sit down, when trying on as comfort is key when wearing overalls.
- Look in the mirror and check your behind, as some styles will have a higher back and others will just have straps crossing over from the waistband.
- Like jeans you want your overalls to give your behind a good shape, especially if you’re going for a skinny/close fit.
Check behind you
Below are 15 pairs I’ve handpicked for different body shapes, keeping under $100 or £100.
click+slide+shop in $
click+slide+shop in £
Like them or Loath them, have your say below……