This post contains affiliate links and Ilovejeans.com will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers.
How exciting to be asked to be apart of The Sunshine Blogger Award! I was nominated by Image Consultant / Blogger Jenni Ryynänen from I On Image who guest blogged for ilovejeans.com last month on How to wear denim to the office. It’s a great read!
Thank you for this nomination, now take a look at Jenni’s nomination and find out more about her.
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a great way to connect and showcase other bloggers work you wouldn’t normally know about. Blogging can be solitary, so having a network of blogger friends to chat to is helpful when your sitting in front of a blank screen and need some inspiration! Hearing other peoples journey can put your own growing pains into perspective.
So here are the rules to be passed on to your 11 nominee’s
- Make sure you thank who nominated you and provide a link to their website/blog.
- Answer their 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 different bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Tag the nominees via your blog/social media or both, so they know they have been chosen!
- Introduce the award, list the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
11 Questions & Answers
- How do you express yourself through your personal style?
I’m a denim stylist/ blogger so my personal style is more casual with a denim element woven through. I love finding clothing on my travels in thrift stores or local markers which I mix with denim for an eclectic style.
2. What does your style tell about you?
I love artisan fabrics and the way denim can tell a story, so I hope a sense of story may show through.
3. Do you have any style icons?
The icon that springs to mind is the lovely 97-year-old Iris Apfel who loves bright colours, accessories and big glasses! I love her “it’s none of their business” no-nonsense!
4. Is style important to you?
Yes, style is important but it’s not the MOST important thing in my life.
5. What is your blogging niche?
My niche is empowering women of all shapes and sizes to find the perfect pair of jeans.
6. How does your blog reflect your personal brand?
I was a freelance fashion stylist for 15 years so I think that is a big part of my personal brand as I offer a Denim Styling Service where I take clients out shopping for great fitting jeans.
7. What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
I enjoy the flexibility of being able to work my own hours. Being able to pass on my experience and advice to readers that are having a denim dilemma. Making a difference to my readers.
8. What sparked the inspiration to start blogging?
I started ilovejeans.com in 2006 as a denim portal to help women find jeans that fit their body shape rather than trying to fit in the latest 90’s low rises. The portal became an online store selling figure-fixing denim and later blogging was a great way to promote the brands I was selling. So ilovejeans.com went full circle and is now a blog with the wealth of first-hand knowledge of dressing lots of different body shapes.
9. How do you practice self-care during the dark winter months?
Just before the madness of December starts I try to go away for a weekend with a close friend either to a spa or a retreat to relax and have a gorgeous hot stone massage. Lotions & potions are an important part of my all year round self-care and I love Beauty Pie for brilliant priced beauty.
10. Where should I shop in your home town?
I live in a suburb of London and can jump on a tube and be in the West End in 30 mins. If you’re a tourist then you have to visit Liberty London which is an institution of style. I’m not going to lie, it’s expensive but you’ll find an eclectic mix of homeware to fashion. Next is Spitalfields Market – Brick lane which is one of my favourite places to walk around looking at the stalls, thrift shops & eating street food.
11. Where should I eat in your home town?
That’s a tough one as there’s so much choice in London. On date night, you could find me eating Pan Asian in Roka with a cocktail in my hand.
11 Questions To Be Answered
- What made you start your blog?
- Pinterest is my favourite social media app, what’s yours and why?
- What is holding you back from getting to your goal ( if you know what that is)?
- You find a Genie in a bottle that grants you 3 wishes, what are they?
- Home or away?
- You’re listening to music while your writing, what are you listening to?
- Fast or Slow (fashion)?
- How do you monetize your blog?
- Your best day ever ( so far)?
- If you could be reincarnated, who would you want to be?
- Have you ever seen a ghost?
11 Bloggers I’m Nominating
- Gabriella – Gabriella Lundgren @gabriella_lundgren
- Lauren – Lauren Jobling Styling @lJstyling
- Bethanie – Bethanie Lunn @bethanielunn
- Felicia – Seasons Best @seasonsbst
- Kendal – Curio Kenny @curiokenny
- Tamara – TG Stylist @tamaragaudinstylist
- Kelly – Second Blonde @secondblonde
- Ani – Simply Suzette @simplysuzette
- Pyotr My-Global Muse @myglobalmuse
- Joanna There Will Be Style @twbstyle
- Sydne SydneStyle @sydnesummer
Wishing all the bloggers/ stylist above Happy Holidays & a Peaceful New Year!